Brew Haven Homebrew Club
No Worries Brewing Company
2520 State St, Hamden, CT 06517
- Welcome New Members
- 2019 Monthly Location Schedule
- Glasses, Openers, Etc
- Sensory Panel
- No Updates,
- Open to volunteers
- Porter Competition
- BJCP scores
- 2 (mostly) equal flights with two teams of judges
- Need volunteers for judging
- Preference given to
- First to BJCP certs or Head Brewer’s
- Second those who have judged before,
- Third to who’s stewarded, and
- Fourth to club tenure
- 4 judges total (flexible to 6)
- 2 best from each flight advance to BOS.
- If a fight has more than 2 40+ scores the third highest score will advance to BOS as a wildcard
- John O’Rourke
- Scott Gentile
- Matt Knight
- Monthly Style: Barleywines
- Recent Winners?
- Matt Knight @ Hog River
- CT Brew Club Competition
- March 24th
- Bad Sons Brewer’s Ball
- Saturday April 27th
- The brewery has been nice enough to offer a wort share for those who are unable to brew or would like to pick up some extra wort. I will let everyone know the date for pickup. It will be 88% roughly 2-row, 4% crystal 77, and 8% rolled oats. Obviously feel free to add specialty grains afterward. I will be sending out registration forms in a week or so. I think that gives everyone time to figure out what they’re bringing.
- Email Justin Phillips
email@example.com to sign up or for more detail.
- Charter Oak Wort Share
- Limited to 25 entries
- 8 spots reman open
- Pre-registration is required
- Remember to bring your registration form and $20.00 entry fee. Each brewer will receive 6 gallons of wort.
- Entry fee also gets you 2 free pints in our Taproom.
- Make sure you sanitize your vessel prior to pick-up.
- Wort pickup is Friday March 1 12-5pm
- Judging is Friday April 12 7:00pm
- Contact Mike Granoth, Lead Brewer
Charter Oak Brewing Co.
- Limited to 25 entries
- Homebrew Days
- Westville Artwalk
- May 10th
- Homebrew Con ’19 Providence, RI June 27-29
- CT Only Club Competition
- Next meeting will be on March 27th at Tribus Beer Co. 100 Raton Dr, Milford, CT 06461
- Monthly Style: Bitter European Beers
- Kolsch, German Pils, Vienna Lager, Altbier
- Brush up on your BJCP style guidelines before the meeting so we can have a fun and educational conversation
Have a topic you’d like to discuss next meeting? Got an idea for an event? Let us know ahead of time so we can get it added to the agenda! Contact BrewHavenCT@gmail.com
Monthly Style: Barleywines